Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Guest Post! College football

 Ok so here's the deal...I post every Wednesday however this week I've been wayy to busy to write anything...so i'm skirting the post rule by having a guest post...my good friend Toothpic volunteered to do one so here it is enjoy!

Unless you live under a rock you probably know that most of America is obsessed with football. Note I didn't say American males, there are tons of females obsessed with football too. I walked down the hall in my dorm this Sunday and three girls were tuned into a football game. Three different girls, in their own rooms all watching the same game. At least dudes are smart and have parties with food to watch football. The TV in the lobby is almost always tuned to football with a couple of guys (or girls) sitting around it. I grew up with one side of my family LOVING football. One of my cousins even said 'Football is life'. I mean, don't they ever get tired of sitting in front of a screen, or on a bleacher yelling at guys who do the same thing week after week? Oh wait it gets better. This weekend is THE game of the week between UT and Texas Tech (igoraiders!). The hardcore fans set up tents outside of the stadium on Sunday night waiting for the game this weekend. They even have a sign saying 'Raiderville, Population: 825'. Yes that is how many hardcore fans are out there. They would have set up their tents earlier but they weren't allowed to until Sunday night. If that just isn't way too obsessed, you are over the deep end than I don't know what is. I understand playing football, and throwing a football around. I get that, my football career was shortlived after I had my major football accident. We were only playing touch football so who knows what would have happened if we were playing tackle football. I guess it just goes with our young people's obsession with converse, randomness, tangents, the f word, complaining about school, a host of other things I could make a whole blogpost complaining about. But until then I am spending my time avoiding being dragged to the Texas Tech football games. Oh crap, here they come. *ducks and hides*

1 comment: