Saturday, October 16, 2010

random thought

I was hanging out at Barnes & Nobels with one of my friends earlier this evening and we were looking at the Bible section, and something struck me.

Quick, how many Bibles do you have in your house/apartment/dorm room?

How many study Bibles, ones with leather covers, full color maps, ho many different translations? 

How many people do you know will loan you a Bible, or how many churches can you go to and  possibly receive one at no charge?

Ok, now how much of the Bible have you read through?

I'm going to leave it there for tonight, I'm not trying to accuse anybody, I'm not trying to say I'm better than anyone. Remember to be thankful you have full access to God's word when there are so many out there who don't.
-SuperNerd64

2 comments:

  1. Good thoughts, Sam. I have wondered the same things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm offended. I feel you are trying to say you are better than everybody else and accuse us of something! :P

    But yes this is a very very very good thought. How many of us would rather pick up Harry Potter than the bible?

    ReplyDelete